[mapguide-users] HTTP/1.1 559 MgFdoException after displaying largeraster layer

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Wed Jan 23 12:24:19 EST 2008

I see almost identical symptoms with a client, but in my case, they are
using MapGuide Enterprise 2008 with the ATIL raster provider.  After
accessing raster based unmanaged datasources of ECW's (about 10 GB total),
all SDF based layers fail until the service is restarted.  The error log
file yields something like:

4272|1044) An exception occurred in FDO component.
SDF connect failed. File does not exist or cannot be opened in specified
access
mode.
Exception occurred in method MgFdoConnectionManager.Open at line 979 in file
c:\
build_bond_area\Bond_Nightly\BUILD_41.3\Ent\OS\Server\src\Common\Manager\Fdo
Conn
ectionManager.cpp

We also have other issues with MrSID and TIF directories with the server
eventually just failing to render any raster based layers.  In our case,
Autodesk is well aware of the issues and is working on fixes.  Additionally,
it sounds like this is not an isolated issue and many customers are having
similar problems with the raster provider.

I do  find it interesting that this problem is happening in your case with
MGOS 1.2 and the GDAL provider which indicates that this may be more of a
lower-level FDO issue.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com