[mapguide-users] Users count's admin with ldap

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 03:12:43 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:57 PM, dirk-64 <dirk at ranglack.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply and from my point of view it sounds sensible to do
> it that way. I suppose my customer prefered individual MapGuide accounts for
> a selection of his LDAP acounts. I assume that's not possible at the moment,
> isn't it (I'm only concluding from what you where saying). If realy not
> possible do you know about any plans/possibilities to support such a
> scenario.

there was a bit of a discussion over on mapguide-internals about this
a while ago.. but I believe nothing
is planned at the moment...

i think ldap accounts are probably more secure anyway as they tend to
have more advanced
stuff like too many attempt lock outs and the like.

incorporating one of the many open source PAM libaries (apache httpd
comes to mind) into mapguide
would be quite feasible, there a few things to keep in mind, like the
user db being in XML which
means it's all case sensitive.

being open source if your client really wants it, you could consider
suggesting that they sponsor contributing
this to mapguide project