[mapguide-users] Dynamic WFS queries against GeoServer with MapGuide OS?

ChrisWebster cwebster at tyadar.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 10:39:39 EDT 2008

I'm working on a college project to build a web-based query interface to
GeoServer.  The user should be able to view a base map layer (WMS), draw a
search polygon on it, then tell the app to run a WFS query against a
pre-defined set of feature layers using the search polygon and some
pre-defined rules as the search criteria.  Because the user specifies the
search area at runtime, the query process has to generate the WFS spatial
filters at runtime too.

The results should be displayed on the map and/or via a report (e.g. by
requesting GeoRSS output from GeoServer).

Right now I'm coding this with a combination of OpenLayers and PHP, but I
was wondering if this functionality could be implemented with MapGuide OS
instead?  If so, what are the key points I would need to find out about in
order to develop this?  Is it easier with MapGuide, or easier if I write it
myself?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Chris