[mapguide-users] Create a Visual Studio 2008 Solution of dotnetviewersample

Jackie C. Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:59:39 EDT 2008

Sorry if you are using .net you *HAVE* to use IIS. There are two parts
involved with communication to the mapguide server:

1 - The .net server-side API (for your custom scripts)
2 - The mapagent http endpoint (for the AJAX viewer and MapGuide
Studio/Maestro)

The Visual Studio built-in webserver does not support (2) and WILL NOT WORK.
IIS supports both.

About the dotnetviewersample:

It is assumed to lie under the "www" directory of your MapGuide
installation.

Eg C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\dotnetviewersample

Also IMO it is not the ideal reference application as it is done in the
style of classic asp (inline code, includes, lots of un-.net stuff) making
it really confusing to asp.net developers used to code-behind and stuff like
that.

Hope that helps.

- Jackie

-----