[mapguide-users] Raster images in MGE 2009

Dave Brett dbrett at digitalglobe.com
Tue Jul 8 12:07:39 EDT 2008

Trevor -
  two questions,
  1. The second arg for the Get/SetResourceData(MgResourdeIdentifier, string
dataName) methods, where does this value come from or what should this be?
when I execute the method I receive a "Resource data was not found:
<dataName>".  The exception is the same regardless of what the dataName arg
value is.  Obviously I am missing something here.

  2. I can not find a config.xml anywhere on the file system. Before
clicking "Test Connection" and Save, or After testing the connection and
saving.  Any suggestions?

thanks,
dave

The MGE 2009 raster provider looks at the config.xml document stored with
the raster feature source to determine which raster files to load.  This
document can be accessed using Get/SetResourceData.  Autodesk MapGuide
Studio regenerates this document when you hit "Test Connection" on the
feature source and then save it.

MGE 2009 does not update the config.xml document so any changes to the
imagery will not be reflected automatically.

Thanks,
Trevor