[mapguide-users] MG Studio 2009 - MGOS 2.0.1 - FdoKingOracle - no geometry is rendered

djonio djonio at miami-airport.com
Wed Jul 9 08:43:08 EDT 2008

Howdy,

Windows XP
MGOS 2.0.1
MG Studio 2009 with FdoKingOracle_Win32_FDO_3_3_v0_7_4
Entry from providers.xml:
            <FeatureProvider>
            <Name>King.Oracle.0.1.1</Name>
            <DisplayName>King Provider for Oracle</DisplayName>
            <Description>Read/write access to spatial and attribute data in
an Oracle Spatial.</Description>
            <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
            <Version>0.1.1.0</Version>
            <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.3.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
            <LibraryPath>C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Bin\FDO\KingOracleProvider.dll</LibraryPath>
            </FeatureProvider>

Oracle instantclient_10.2 on the box.
No issues with connection. All seems to work well in terms of collecting the
schema and attribute information.

When creating a Layer … Layer Preview never seems to render any geometry …
This error:
<2008-07-08T16:20:19>     Fusion Viewer             Administrator
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: test_KOP
        The coordinate system is invalid.
        Could not create coordinate system forward transformation with
specified coordinate systems.
 StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 775 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_27.16\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
Failed to stylize layer: test_KOP
The coordinate system is invalid.
Could not create coordinate system forward transformation with specified
coordinate systems.

I am using SRID = 2236.
select srid, cs_name, auth_srid from MDSYS.CS_SRS where srid = 2236;

2236     NAD83 / Florida East (ftUS)        2236

… Now today ….
When attempting to create new layer using the above provider I get this:
An exception occurred in FDO component. ORA-32102: invalid OCI handle

Seems pretty “flacky” to me because when I “Configure a Feature Resource
using Generic Editor “
Connection test is successful AND when I do the “Preview -> Refresh” it
pulls down all of my classes (appox. 20 in this case)
“View Data” works .. great!!
“View Feature” retrieves the correct feature count.
… however nothing renders!!! Just spins …

Anyone aware of any fix for any of this?

dennis