Re[mapguide-users] move calls to unused pages in AJAX Viewer

nclayton nclayton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 11:06:19 EDT 2008

I have made a lot of customizations to the AJAX Viewer to fit the needs of
the company I work for.
One of the things that I haven't had a lot of luck with is the removal of
some pages that I do not need but it seems that the viewer needs them for
some reason.

These pages are:
legend.php
legendui.php
legendctrl.php
propertyctrl.php

We are not showing the legend or property frames, and I would like to keep
the viewer from making calls to those pages to help streamline and reduce
server calls.

It seems that the viewer looks to the legend for layer information with
every zoom/pan/refresh.
If anything, where would I need to look to put in a scale check so that it
would only requery those pages when the scale changes?