Re[mapguide-users] ndering to PNG8

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Jul 11 13:32:15 EDT 2008

Hi Lucio,

How are you determining the bit depth of the images?  I have found that
the Windows file information dialog incorrectly identifies images as
32bit when they are actually 8bit.

If you open the image in a different program (like Photoshop) or test
the size of format=PNG vs FORMAT=PNG8 you should be able to confirm that
8bit rendering is actually working.

Keep in mind that this only works for tiled maps.  To get back 8bit
images for regular maps, you will need to update the appropriate
template.

Jason