[mapguide-users] Maestro - steps to start

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jul 16 06:02:06 EDT 2008

You should perform the following steps:

1. Create a feature source
2. Create a layer, point to the feature source, and select styles
3. Create a map, and add the layer
4. Create either a WebLayout or a Fusion application, and add the map

To publish it, you simply have to take the URL that is displayed in
either the WebLayout or Fusion application.
In Maestro, the URL will only appear after you save the WebLayout or
Fusion application.

If you want to embed the map in your own page or CMS system, the
developer guide explains this process:
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/documentation/2.0/
(server is down, so link is untested, go to http://mapguide.osgeo.org/
and click documentation)

It can be instructive to install the Sheboygan sample data to see how
that works:
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/download/
(server is down, so link is untested, go to http://mapguide.osgeo.org/
and click download)