[mapguide-users] Upgrade to 2.0 Question

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Thu Jul 17 12:20:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have successfully upgraded a windows server 2003 system following the
migration instructions.

In attempting to upgrade an XP SP2 system I made a mistake and did not
uninstall V1.2 before installing v2.0. I realized my mistake and
uninstalled v1.2 and then v2.0. I then re-installed v2.0 but have not
had much success.

The Mapguide service will not start in a reboot of the system. I see
errors in the error log indicating the repository version is incorrect
(V5 instead of V6). I have tried running the UpgradeRepositories.bat but
get errors upgrading the Site repository and Library repository stating
the "Program version 4.5 doesn't match environment version ....". I have
tried this with my 1.2 repositories and also with the repositories that
are installed right from v2.0.

I am guessing I have some registry setting or some environment variable
that was not cleared out by the removal of v1.2 but I have not found
anything.

Any suggestions on how to clean this up and just install 2.o from
scratch? I have my repositories from 1.2 backed up elsewhere.

Thanks

George McLean