[mapguide-users] MAESTRO and FDO

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Jul 18 04:59:50 EDT 2008

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

Edmondo skrev:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a .shp with parcels. I connected this file in MPG MAESTRO by FDO
> (unmanaged file... test connection works fine)
> and added the source to a layer, added the layer to a new map, made new
> layout.
>
> My browser doesn't show the map.

To test if it is a problem with Maestro, you can press the "Preview"
button when you have the feature source open.
In the browser, click "Display features". If the data shows, its likely
a Maestro problem.
> Trying to add feature to display (area for example) MAESTRO returns an
> error,
> But it seems the shape is correct: I opened the file in ARCGIS and it
> contains areas and other metadata.

What are the exact steps you took to produce the error?
And what is the exact error message?
Does the Shape filename have a space or other non-standard character?
> I seen Seboyang data examples (there are only .sdf format) and the GEOMETRY
> field contains "SHPGEOMETRY" instead in with my shape
> the same field contains "GEOMETRY"

A feature source could in theory have more than one geometry column, or
perhaps both geometry and raster data.
Since both SHP and SDF are file based, the name does not mean much, and
the people building the two providers
gave the geometry column different names. In other words, it's ok for
them to be different.
> Someone can explain me the correct way to add a shape?
>
> Sorry for my questions (and for my english), but I started with WEBGIS just
> few days ago.

No need to apologize, this list is created so people can ask questions.