Re[mapguide-users] dlining error

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Fri Jul 18 08:17:18 EDT 2008

When you say ASP.Net with JavaScript, where are you trying to create the
feature source, on the client or the server?

MapGuide API has the web server API which can be invoked only from the
server side which would handle such things as creating a new feature source
and such.

There is also a viewer API written in JavaScript for manipulating the
viewer.

The two API's are separate and cover different types of functionality.
Creating new feature sources must be done on the server side. This could be
done in theory with whatever .Net compliant language you are using. I use
C#. I am not sure if you are using VB.Net or even JScript .Net on the server
side.