[mapguide-users] Fusion custom widget: how to proceed

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Wed Jul 23 12:03:20 EDT 2008

Dear all

I'm new to MapGuide and Fusion. We have an Enterprise 2009 (Windows, IIS)
set-up here and I've successfully created a simple page showing a map and
toolbar. I now want to create a custom widget that allows the user to define
a polygon which is then converted to a redline object on the map.

The Developer's Guide is fairly helpful, stating the three main steps
involved in redlining:
1. Pass the digitized coordinates from the client to the server.
2. Create a temporary feature source. This will be used to draw the lines
on.
3. Create a layer to display that temporary feature source.

But I'm stuck at 1.

I took a copy of SelectPolygon.js, renamed it to DrawPolygon.js, and found
out where to grab the drawn vertices, but I'm not sure how best to fire this
at a PHP file.

I'd appreciate any comments on the best way to do this, and any pointers to
examples.

Many thanks
Stuart