[mapguide-users] Fusion + Oracle datasource problem

Klaus Lehtonen kle at vianova.fi
Tue Jun 17 07:15:20 EDT 2008

Hi

The problem is that the Fusion Viewer loads very slowly compared to AJAX and
DWF viewers when using Oracle database as a feature source. The AJAX and DWF
viewers load to browser in about two seconds, but the Fusion Viewer takes
tens of seconds and with some maps times out after a minute. The load time
seems to be related to the amount of  layers that use database as source. If
we use only sdf data sources the Fusion Viewer loads very quickly. After the
Fusion viewer has loaded zooming and panning work quickly, so the problem is
only in the initial loading.

I used Firebug to investigate the issue and it shows the LoadMap.php takes a
lot of time. Other files load pretty quickly. The MapGuide logs show ten
second pauses when GetClassDefinition has been called, but this only happens
with part of the calls. Some of the calls cause no problems. During loading
mgserver2009.exe is the only application using  CPU time and it does not
seem to matter if we use Oracle tables directly or through views.

I wonder if anyone else has had problems using Oracle and Fusion viewer?

Klaus Lehtonen