[mapguide-users] Spatial Data Formats Best Practice

GISDOTNET aaron.ford at ntierdigm.com
Tue Jun 17 17:42:46 EDT 2008

I have worked with ESRI web technology for the past 9 years and am getting up
to speed with MapGuide Open Source 2.0.1 and the FDO providers. While there
are numerous FDO providers, I would like to know what the preferred or best
practice data format is for MapGuide OS 2.0.1? My overall preference is to
go with a RDBMS spatial solution like ArcSDE or PostGIS; however, I am
completely flexible. I have gone through dll hell trying to get the PostGIS
FDO provider configured without success and ArcSDE comes at a steep price.

The thoughts and education of the community are greatly appreciated!

Aaron