[mapguide-users] mgserver consuming 100% (slow performance)

isca mapguide2007 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 15:39:14 EDT 2008

I have recently upgraded in our test environment (1GB RAM, P4 1,60 GHz,
Windows Server 2003, IIS 6) MGE2008 towards MGE2009. In this environment we
are connecting with ArcSDE 9.1. As I have already seen the huge performance
gain between MGOS 1.2 and MGOS 2.0/2.0.1 I was expecting a lot of this
upgrade, but for some reason the MGE2009 is reacting very slow ...
Even when I made the repository empty and loaded only one SDF file, the
performance was very bad (> 10s to zoom in or pan). As there was no
configuration change and it was working fine with both MGE2007 and MGE2008,
I am not sure what could be wrong or where to look.
Are there changes in architecture that could cause this behaviour (I know
fastcgi have been replaced), or any ideas what there could be wrong ?

Note: I doubt it is related but neverthless I want to mention it. I am not
able to load the Site Administrator. I get an error about an undefined
function MgInitializeWebTier(). There is already a ticket open for this
problem.