[mapguide-users] Problems with mapagent in Mapguide OS version 2 on ubuntu?

Jo Cook j.cook at OXFORDARCH.CO.UK
Mon Mar 3 05:52:32 EST 2008

Hi,

I resolved earlier problems by completely rebuilding my MGOS installation
from scratch from the latest svn versions and it seemed to get all the way
through without failing. I have even managed to get the server to run, which
is a step forward. However, I am having problems with mapagent now, I think.

What I can do:
1: Connect to mapadmin and load a package
2: Check the basic pages to ensure apache is working
3: Get to the mapagent pages

What I can't do:
1: Connect using webstudio (times out) or mapguide studio (unexpected error
contacting site URL), or fusion (times out displaying the sample data)
2: Use mapagent in any way. When I try and use any of the options like "Get
Capabilities" I just get to download the mapagent.fcgi file, no xml
document. The same thing happens when I try to use "Enumerate Reosources"
from the URL as suggested in the documentation. If I try and open the fcgi
file (in case it's actually an xml file but mis-named) it's gobbledegook.

Neither the mgserver logs or apache logs appear to show anything wrong, but
I assume this is a problem with mapagent not building or running properly.
I'm not really sure how to find out though.

Any thoughts?

Jo