[mapguide-users] Markups that show info on mouseover

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon May 19 22:25:15 EDT 2008

The big difference between MG 6.5 and MGOS is that 6.5 loads the data
client side,
whereas MGOS does most things server side.

This is much slower and is no where near as snappy as 6.5 was. Mainly
because there is a round trip to the server for each tooltip, or
selection.

Check out http://www.openlayers.org, which can consume mapguide maps
and it allows you to add markers google style. The fusion framework
also uses this underneath.

Using the openlayers approach is much closer to the 6.5 development style

some examples

http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/popups.html

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Ran Mahiru <rmahiru_jane5 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I'm a very new user to Mapguide Open Source
> and was wondering if it was possible to create a
> temporary markup (i.e. an icon) that shows information
> and maybe a link on mouseover... Pretty much like they
> do in Google.
>
> I've used mapguide 6.5 a lot in the past but haven't
> touched Open Source beyond the basics...
>
> Would appreciate any input and code samples if
> possible on how to get the above results?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shin

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)