[mapguide-users] Displaying points of given GPS coordinates

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Nov 18 06:00:32 EST 2008

If you wish to display points on a map from a database, it is easier to
just create an ODBC data source,
set up column mappings for x/y, and then use that as base for the layer.

As for creating dynamic stuff, take a look at the "Generic Tasks" example:
https://mapguide.osgeo.org/livegallery.html
http://data.mapguide.com/mapguide/gt/index.php

It shows how to create an SDF datasource and the FeatureSource and
LayerDefinition, and how to attach it to the map.
You can use that knowledge to produce custom temporary lines.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

Carmelo Saffioti skrev:
> I created the WEB-INF/lib directory on the App-specific directory,
> then I copied the json.jar file to the MyApp/WEB-INF/lib directory.
> Now it works without compiling errors :-)
>
> Regarding samples about dynamic creation of points of interest, are you
> talking about the viewersample (ajaxviewersample.jsp) ?
>
> Is it good for displaying points on the map with given GPS coordinates?
>
> I need also to trace routes lines which connect a sequence of GPS positions.
> Is it possible?
>

> Cheers
> Carmelo

>>> Carmelo