[mapguide-users] Move Default Repository Location?

JeffJensen jefferyjjensen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:06:37 EDT 2008

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

What is your opinion of not backing up the datafiles (C:/Program
Files/MapGuideOpenSource2.0/Server/Repositories/Library/DataFiles/)? Reason
I ask, is this directory is rather large and the data I use is just a copy
from the data created in other applications (namely Civil3D and ArcMap). I'm
thinking as long as I put the shapefiles back in the correct directory, I
won't have any issues with broken links.

Lastly, is there a benefit to backup the Sessions directory (C:/Program
Files/MapGuideOpenSource2.0/Server/Repositories/Session/)? I thought this is
more like temporary files which gets created by the MapGuide clients. So
when the client logs off the MapGuide Server, the session ends and any
temporary files are removed from the Session directory.

Again thanks for the help,

Jeff Jensen