[mapguide-users] ArcSDE FDO sucks !!!

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Oct 6 14:10:02 EDT 2008

You may be asking on the wrong list if you want the FDO folks to
respond.  Though I'm sure that some of them hang out here from time to
time, fdo-users is a better place.  Might want to use a less
inflammatory subject line though :)

The problem may not be with the SDE provider though; I wonder if it is
the same problem with initial schema load as has been seen with the
RDBMS providers.  Does performance decrease as the number of tables
stored in the SDE increases, or is it consistently slow?

The best way to get this fixed is to clearly describe the problem,
preferably with test data, in a Trac ticket.  Just saying that it is
slow is not giving the developers enough to chew on.

Jason