[mapguide-users] ArcSDE FDO sucks !!!

shreepad Ranadive shreepadr at valuecad.com
Tue Oct 7 16:07:33 EDT 2008

Robert :
thanks. please send me any patch i will try that as we are stuck here.

the SDE server is  diffrent than MG server , we have application running on
MGE 2007 and SDE 9.1 which is really fast only problem is MGE 2007 need
restart once in while. but when i port the same on MGE 2009 man its realy
slow
couple thigns i tired

1.  first i did import the package created by MEG 2007 : and it was really
slow
     so i  deleted all the data and recreated in Studio 2009 all my maps and
layer still its slow
2. we increses the SDE machine ram to 6 gb still no diffrence in perfomance.

3. we tried to use lated MGOS version nothing major diffrence , then i
thought it must be FDO

but i can try the patch robert is talking about

thanks
shreepad

Tony_mg wrote:

> FDO for arcSDE  has really serious issues  as far as speed and stability
> is
> concern
> it does not have speed after one loads more than 10 layers.
> i have app that works on 2007 and sde 9.1
> when ported over to mge 2009 and 9.1 or 9.2 sde it just  kills the server
> its so slow that no one can use it
> i have tried it with latest version also no diffrence
>
> please any one
>
> tony

-----
Shreepad Ranadive