[mapguide-users] Generate map tiles from Oracle data

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Wed Oct 15 12:54:51 EDT 2008

Jason Birch wrote:

> It may be that I am missing something vital from your initial requirements
> :)

OK, let me try and explain our predicament in a bit more detail.

We have MapGuide serving maps using data held in Oracle spatial tables. So
for example we have one table holding all the roads for the UK. What we want
to do is create a set of tiles at various zoom levels for this data so that
we can cease to hold the information in Oracle.

At the moment MapGuide is reading the spatial data from Oracle, generating
an image, and streaming it to the browser. What we want to end up with is
MapGuide simply serving up static tiles.

Is this any clearer? :confused: