[mapguide-users] dllhost high CPU - proj.dll and MgGeometry.dll are the problems...

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Thu Oct 16 15:32:55 EDT 2008

Sometimes, if I really do a lot of playing around on some of my sites
(lots of zooming, panning, printing, etc) I get some
problems....dllhost.exe starts taking more and more CPU %. After a few
minutes, it gets up to 100%. If I kill the process, all's well.

After looking at it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, it seems that
the culprits are actually proj.dll and MgGeometry.dll. Now, I have no
idea what this means, but here's what Process Explorer has to say about it:

the CSwitch Deta number is really high - 1000-4000
The 2 threads at fault are:
proj.dl!dmstor+0x3a17
MgGeometry.dll!MgCoordinate::NoZ+2x24d

Anyone have any suggestions? This is happening on Windows 2000 Server,
IIS5 installation with MGOS 2.0.2. It's been doing this off and on,
fairly rarely for a while now - so I'm not sure which version this
started at....though I'd wager 2.x.

Andrew
--
	*Andrew DeMerchant*