[mapguide-users] MapGuide SQL2008 Provider: can't support geometry method?

Carl carlshe at 163.com
Sun Oct 19 09:17:58 EDT 2008

I just had a post about SQL 2008 Provider and got many effective answers, and
had my problem partially resolved.

Now I can add a layer referencing to a feature datasource of ms sql 2008.

Further more, I need to give a filter to the layer to select part of
features. if I give a common condition(i.e. the common boolean clause, such
as " id='1' and name like '%_c' "), and the mapguide can give a correct
response (i.e. the features on the map are just those selected). but if I
give a spatial condition ( such as "Prj_Geometry.STIsClosed()=1 "), Mapguide
always return a map contains all features.

Is the boolean expression parsed by the datasource or by MapGuide Server
itself?

In my opinion, the filter string should be parsed and executed by the
provider datasource, such as MS SQL server 2008.

could anybody help me?