[mapguide-users] SQL Import Spatial Data

Rodolfo Moreno rmoreno at voxiva.com
Wed Oct 22 12:58:26 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,
could you elaborate about how import shp2slq2008 using SL-King's
FDO2FDO?

I have downloaded 0.7.5 version.
I have added the dll "SQLServerSpatialProvider.dll" and
"SQLServerSpatialOverrides.dll" 3.3.0.0 version to the directory of the
fdo2fdo and I have modified the providers.xml

I guess FDO2FDO doesn't recognize it, since I couldn't create the FDO
connection.

I have mssql server 2008 (pre_release 10.0.1442.32)

thanks in advance

Jason Birch wrote:

> Yes, using FME.  That part was pretty darn easy.  You may also have some
> success (not with the DWG part) using Jackie's FDO Toolbox or SL-King's
> FDO2FDO.
>

> I found SQL 2008 to be relatively fast (compared to other RDBMS) but the
> lack of curve support and its insistence on valid OGC geometry were
> showstoppers for me.
>

> Jason
>

> From: Greenhough, Jamie
> Subject: [mapguide-users] SQL Import Spatial Data
>

> Does anyone have experience with importing spatial data to SQL 2008?
> Specifically SHP/DWG -> SQL.
>

> We are exploring the development effort and performance of using
> unmanaged SHP/DWG files with alias' vs. importing these files into
> SQL2008 and using FDO.
>

> Any input is appreciated, thanks.

-----
Rodolfo Moreno