[mapguide-users] Overlay Vector over Raster, problem with coordinate system

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Wed Oct 29 21:27:29 EDT 2008

Thanks for verifying...I got it working and just posting this message to
close the loop on this one.

I thought that I was making all of the coordinate systems exactly the same
(all layers and map).  However, I found that when I brought in my shapefiles
with their projections (NAD83 Stateplane, California III (USFT)), it was not
completely compatible with what seems like the same coordinate system that
Maestro uses (EPSG Code 2227), same NAD83 Stateplane CA III USFT.  So I went
into the XML editor and edited <CoordinateSystem> by copying and pasting the
same text into all layers and the map resource.  Also, for the raster layer
make sure that the "Source" says default and the "Target" has your
coordinate system that matches other layers.

This seems to have fixed my problem...hopefully others will learn from my
frustrations...thanks for the help!