[mapguide-users] Filter a layer based on Sql Server is impossible

julienltr julien.leture at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:04:16 EDT 2008

Hi MapGuide users & developers,

I have a strange problem with MapGuide Enterprise 2009 Update 1 (MGOS
2.0.2).

With the "FDO Autodesk SQL Server" provider, applying a filter on a layer
throws an exception in the logs files ("AND and OR not supported in query
when mixing property with spatial filters") when I tried to select an object
in the AJAX viewer (or in the MapGuide Studio preview panel). Furthermore
the filter doesn't apply on the layer, everything is visible so it's not
good for privacy purpose.

With the very same data on MapGuide Enterprise 2008 (and version 3.2.x of
FDO Autodesk Sql Server), it works perfectly!

Am I the only one having this problem with this provider?
Why a very common operation (filter a layer) works on MGE2008 and not
MGE2009?
Too bad this driver is not open source...

Thank you.