[mapguide-users] Adjusting subsequent views

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sat Sep 6 12:54:56 EDT 2008

I'm sure it can be done.
However, it seems fairly advanced.
I would suggest that you have a look at OpenLayers:
http://openlayers.org

With OpenLayers, you can have your MapGuide map as a base layer,
and then put an overlay with your custom layer.
You can then override the mapagent path in the overlay to point to your
customization page, rather than mapagent.fcgi.

If you want to stick with the WebLayout based you will most likely get
better results with a manually added overlay image.
The problem with the manual approach is passing on events to the image
below.

Another option would be to have all calls to mapagent.fcgi point to your
PHP script, and then make the script
act as a relay page for those calls that you are not interrested in.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S