[mapguide-users] SVN Fusion broken now...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Sep 8 15:12:32 EDT 2008

I believe that the changes for #100 went in the day before the 1.1
branch, so you should be able to get away with applying the changes for
#113 only.

I really hope that more users start to get involved directly in the
Fusion project as you and some others have.  Testing MapGuide betas
after MapGuide has chosen a specific Fusion release isn't nearly as
effective as following a fusion branch or even trunk prior to inclusion
in MapGuide.  Also, Fusion is far more approachable than the MapGuide
code base; anyone who can hack PHP and Javascript (ok, it's complex JS)
can make a difference.

Jason

From: Andrew DeMerchant
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] SVN Fusion broken now...

Ya, I already posted to the ticket about that - just after I'd sent this
email....I have no clue how to patch it myself - it's a complex fix,
spanning over 2 different tickets. My fingers are crossed....

Perfection isn't a realistic goal, no - but something that's deployable
/ usable would be pretty realistic. I'm not sure that it's at that point
yet - for my projects, it's not...though I'm really really close to
finally getting it ready (just this bug left, mainly). Out of the box,
it just had too many bugs for my applications. No question that the
updates in the works will improve performance - for me though, speed is
secondary to functionality. Anyway, just my $0.02...Fusion rocks though
- don't get me wrong! It's a great addition to MGOS!