[mapguide-users] Smooth panning on MouseMove (as in Google Maps) an option?

inspiron2 vistav20 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 19:03:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just love this MapGuide Enterprise product. Hats off to the developers,
and the community volunteers.

I was wondering if there is an option to enable smooth panning as in Google
Maps: when you pan around in MapGuide map, it doesn't refresh (i.e. draw)
the new area coming into the view untill you let go of the mouse button.
Since Ajax is at play here, is it an option/possibility to continously draw
the new map area upon mouse move event? May be, it's already an option that
I don't know how to enable...

If it is not possible, can someone please share with me the reasons? Is it
to save the server from processing load nightmare?

thanks much.