[mapguide-users] Mapguide Integration

Darrin Maidlow dmaidlow at landorgis.com
Wed Sep 24 19:45:41 EDT 2008

Hi Jamie,

I believe I have done something similar to what you're wanting to do.   My
application has  a header containing extensive amounts of application logic
which can interact with the mapguide viewer, and server API as needed.  Here
is some javascript that should return what you're looking for.

                return
document.getElementById("iFrameID").contentWindow.GetMapFrame();

Now depending on where the iframe is located it can get a bit more tricky.
Putting an iframe within a user control, or another .net container (master
controls, placeholders, panels etc) will prefix the ID of the iframe with
stuff in the rendered HTML.  For example a user control called MyControl
that contains an iframe with an ID of MyIframe would render out as
MyControl_MyIframe.  To work around this, you need to setup the iframe with
a runat="server" tag, and spit out a global javascript variable that
contains MyIframe.ClientID from the codebehind.   The updated javascript
would look more like:

                return
document.getElementById(globalVarWithClientID).contentWindow.GetMapFrame();

Also - remember that the Mapguide web tier will need to be installed on
local development machines, and the server will need to be referenced
through the local web tier to prevent cross site scripting problems.

Hope that helps.

darrin