[mapguide-users] Fusion on Firefox 3 and new MapGuide Release

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Sep 25 17:12:30 EDT 2008

I understand your frustration, but I don't think that DMSG or the Fusion project (it's independent now, and has as many MapServer users as MapGuide) should take any blame for what version of their project was bundled with MapGuide 2.0.2.  This was entirely decided by the MapGuide PSC in order to reduce the risk to existing MapGuide installations.  This is part of retaining the trust of MapGuide users that rely on point releases being bug-fix only and not requiring new development... there are strong and valid reasons for this policy.

In this case, the amount of re-development required to implement Fusion 1.1 on top of MapGuide 2.0.2 is relatively low, and the benefits are solid.  I would certainly encourage developers who are willing to take on the work of porting their custom templates to Fusion 1.1 to download it either from SVN, or to wait for the Fusion 1.1 release which should be forthcoming shortly.

Jason