[mapguide-users] MGOS2.0.2 bundled installation won't supportphp on IIS6

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Sep 27 00:44:55 EDT 2008

Before you get into compiling the DLL, if you don't have that key you should add it as documented in the trac ticket.  Without this in place, PHP will not pick up its php.ini settings from the correct location, and the Mg API will not be available.  I've seen this happen in the past, I believe when doing a custom IIS install with ASP.Net as the default language, and also installing the PHP viewer.  In some configurations, the installer just seems to miss that key.  Fortunately, I haven't run into the unfixable problem that Crispin has encountered yet...

The way to tell if PHP is installed properly is to create a file in your mapguide www directory called something.php including the tag <?php phpinfo(); ?>.  This will output your current settings, showing where PHP is reading its ini file from, and also indicating whether the PHP extension is installed.

Jason

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Ed Jobe
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] MGOS2.0.2 bundled installation won't supportphp on IIS6

I do not have a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP in my regsistry.