[mapguide-users] Fusion and Themed Layers - usability

djonio DJonio at miami-airport.com
Fri Apr 3 07:24:41 EDT 2009

Howdy,

Fusion experts, I have installed fusion 1.1.1 and there appears to be significant “issues” with its ability to handle themed layers. When using the same MapDefinition(90 layergroups, 230 layers) for both a basic and flexible layout, the basic layout works just fine but the flexible layout renders the layout but NO content. Nothing on the map. Nothing in the legend. Seems like a significant issue to me.

It seems to handle themed layers in some kinda’ sorta’ way in that when I use a MapDefinition with just two(2) themed layers it does render but the expanded theme on the second layer is actually the theme of the first layer.

I am new to fusion and would really like to know, in general terms, if this stuff is ready for prime time.  What other "surprises"  may I be walking into?

r,
dennis