[mapguide-users] Can't create layer using MySQL feature source

Manel Gimeno manelgimeno at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 12:46:49 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've created a MySQL FeatureSource in Mapguide 2.0 using Mapguide Maestro 1.0.9.15910. When I click in the test connection button no error is reported, so it seems the connection to MySQL works fine.

When I try to create a FeatureLayer using the MySQL FeatureSource previously defined the following error happens after selecting the FeatureSource as resource:

"Failed to read schema from data source.
The operation gave the error message: Error en el servidor remoto: (559) MgConnectionFailedException.:
Cannot establish connection.
Exception occurred in method MgServerDescribeSchema::ExecuteDescribeSchema() at line 173 in file d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_23.8\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp"

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? (Maybe if you have an example of XML LayerDefinition using a MySQL FeatureSource...)

Thanks in advance
Manel Gimeno