[mapguide-users] Problems with MGOS 2.1 test build 4114 and Fusion 2.0

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Aug 10 11:55:38 EDT 2009

Andy, can you please report these as separate issues in the Fusion Trac?

http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/FilingBugs

The Fusion project decided to abandon the current 2.0 branch because of the number of fixes since that branch would have made it difficult to back-port them all.  For the test release, I decided to include Fusion trunk so that some testing could be done against this.  For your application, you can probably use the fusion that was bundled with MG 2.1 beta 1, but if you can work with the Fusion folks to get these resolved before their 2.0 release that would be great.

You may also find it useful to learn how to create your own single-file build.  This includes your ApplicationDefinition and also (I believe) any widgets that you're using in a single application-specific file.  I wrote a bit about this here:

<http://n2.nabble.com/Fusion-Load-Time-(was:-Fusion-%2B-Oracle-datasource-problem)-td2061603.html>

but have not yet found time to document it on the Fusion wiki.

For production, I would recommend using custom single-file builds along with build-specific fusion directory naming, a really long expiration (1 year?) at least on the JS and images, and deflate compression for best load times on initial and subsequent visits.  We're using some of these strategies on our NanaimoMap beta (using the older Fusion 1.1):

http://maps.nanaimo.ca/nanaimomap/

Jason