[mapguide-users] Feature Service - unclassified exception happening intermittently (MG 2.1)

cagray colin.gray at 1spatial.com
Thu Dec 3 04:20:59 EST 2009

(re-posting this as my original post someone accidently started a new topic
as a reply and people replied to this instead of my question)

Hi,

I have started to get intermittent problems when trying to use feature
services accessing various data sources from SHP files, ArcSDE to Oracle.
When I do something like:

//Creates a new site connection and passes the current session
MgSiteConnection mgSiteCon = new MgSiteConnection();
mgSiteCon.Open(new MgUserInformation(oneSpMap.mapSession));

// create a feature service
MgFeatureService featureService =
(MgFeatureService)mgSiteCon.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService);

MgFeatureQueryOptions featureQueryOption = new MgFeatureQueryOptions();

// Get the feature resource for the selected layer
MgResourceIdentifier layerFeatureResource = new
MgResourceIdentifier(this.resourceId);

// create feature reader
MgFeatureReader featureReader =
featureService.SelectFeatures(layerFeatureResource, className,
featureQueryOption);

I get the exception thrown:

An unclassified exception has occurred

- MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 83 file
c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
- MgOpSelectFeatures.Execute() line 109 file
c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\OpSelectFeatures.cpp
- MgServerFeatureService.SelectFeatures() line 405 file
c:\osgeo\mapguide_21\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerFeatureService.cpp

This happens pretty randomnly. It is used in a web application where the
user clicks a layer name and it does various feature service queries. Any
one of the the 3 feature service queries can throw this exception and at any
time. So sometimes on first click, sometimes are clicking many times on
various different layers. For this reason I am discounting data issues given
the fact it happens on multiple layers and it can read these layers most of
the time but this error sometimes happens.

Any ideas?

Your help is appreciated
Colin