[mapguide-users] RE: Best way to migrate users?

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Mon Dec 28 12:06:50 EST 2009

Hi Martin,

Try the web extensions API methods MgSite.EnumerateUsers and MgSite.AddUser.  EnumerateUsers is fully supported.  AddUser is export to .Net/PHP/Java but not officially supported.  If EnumerateUsers returns the password, you should be all set.  You can glean a lot of information from header files...

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/branches/2.1/MgDev/Common/MapGuideCommon/Services/Site.h

If you have any group memberships, EnumerateGroups and GrantGroupMembershipsToUsers may also be helpful.

EnumerateRoles and GrantRoleMembershipsToUsers will also be helpful if you are making use of multiple roles.

 I don't know if an MGP export will work correctly with user accounts propagated in this manner.  I suspect the export strips out all the permissions.

(Shameless plug) If you're not keen on writing all this script, I can give you a quote for it and contribute it back to the community.  Ping me be email if you are interested.

Thanks,
Trevor