[mapguide-users] How to create Layer and Datasource and link it to SQL 2008 Datasource in code

miansi AndreiSinelnikov at SierraSystems.com
Wed Feb 4 02:52:29 EST 2009

Hello,

I've got my Datasource pointing to the SQL 2008 database. In the database I
have few views which I would like to expose as layers on the map. I am using
FDO 3.3.2

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2267589/image001.jpg

I saw following examples:
http://n2.nabble.com/Draw-Line-ASP-.NET...-td1818630.html
http://svnmirror.osgeo.org/mapguide/tags/MAPGUIDE2.0.1/Web/src/mapviewerjava/measure.jsp

and I read "Another Way To Create Layers" from MGOS 2.0 Developer's Guide.

I think that I understand the core idea, but need help with details as I
have troubles modifying code from the examples above to fit my requirements.

Can I find somewhere guide as how to programmatically add/remove SQL 2008
datasource and layer attached to this datasource? Or maybe someone will be
generous enough to share sample of code?
I do not care if it would be PHP, Java, VB or C#. Will be able to understand
C++ too :-)

Thank you!