[mapguide-users] problem in installing map guid eopen source in Fedora 9

kapilmanoj kmanoj-pg7 at iiitmk.ac.in
Thu Feb 5 01:51:58 EST 2009

Hi all,

i am using fedora 9......  i am trying to install map guide open source....
i am struggling for the past one week to install in fedora 9.... i followed
the instructions and procedures very keenly given in the installation
document but i failed ....

    i installed  apache and php separately using the command YUM INSTALL
....  i didnt use the tar ball mapguideaptinstaller-2.0.x.tar.gz  which one
is providing  by the map guide open source from their website  to build and
install apache and php ...

Then i installed all the FDO  and the providers....  here come the problem
arised , when i was trying to build and install the FDO using the following
step...

./build_thirdpary.sh

it thrown me a error message at the end of the completion of building....

make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/openssl/test'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/openssl/test'
making all in tools...
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/openssl/tools'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty/openssl/tools'
Building of the Thirdparty/GDAL libraries has been skipped. Environment
variable FDOGDAL points to a previously installed version of GDAL at . This
version of GDAL will be used to build the FDO WMS and GDAL providers.
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`apache/xml-xalan/c/lib/libxalan-c.so.17.0', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/OpenSource_FDO/Thirdparty'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Ans also when it was building FDO i noticed some FAILURE  STATEMENT...

GCC COMPILER FAILED....

I installed GCC version  ---    gcc (GCC) 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8)..

so can anyone please facilitate me and figured it out my problem..

regards

kapil
iitmk