[mapguide-users] Can this be done with MGOS?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 07:00:05 EST 2009

you can do this using mapguide, but for the editing and stuff, check out
openlayers. It can do vector layers for the web in a browser with editing
capabilites, the next release of mapguide includes the next version of
fusion which incorporates openlayers.

it will involve some javascript and time in firebug :)

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Franco Caloni <francomailing at nitris.it> wrote:
> Hi all, this is my first post :)
> I need to do some general questions about MGOS, to see if it fit my needs
> before start using it.
> I have a win32 application which i want to rewrite for the web. This
> application manage traffic signs.
> Here:  http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1167/immaginejs2.jpg
>
> you can see what I need to "replicate" with MGOS.
> Basically, I display a dwg file as background draw, then the end user,
> through the buttons on the left of the form can create, move, rotate, delete
> every single sign as needed.
> As you can see signs are displayed as "horizontal section" of the sign
> itself; behind the scene I store in a database the X,Y coord of the point,
> the rotation, ecc., then the application display the proper "autocad like"
> block. I have 4-5 blocks: 1 with a circle and a line, 1 with 1 circle and 2
> lines, one with 3 lines, and one with 4 lines depending on how many sings
> are there on the support and on which side they are.
> (referring to the image you can see difference of signs #5129, #5125 and
> #5132)
>
> I have already downloaded and installed MGOS, and I got my first dwg
> displayed, in the next days i'll try add the "create new sign"
> functionality, but the questions are:
>
> -I didn't see any example or docs about rotating and moving features or
> symbols: it is possible to give to the end user the possibility to
> rotate&move a feature directly on the map? I mean: the user select a
> feature, then click on the proper button "move" or "rotate", then click
> again on the map for the new position or move the mouse to give right
> rotation to the object.
> If yes can someone tell me how? (which functons, api, code samples, every
> suggestion is wellcome)
>
> - giving that the answer to question 1 is yes :), for my needed, it's better
> that signs will be symbols or feature with a geometry?
>
> Thanks
>
> Franco

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com