[mapguide-users] Mapguide OpenSource and DWF files

rithika rithika279 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:50:47 EST 2009

I figured out how to add .dwf file data to create WebLayout using Autodesk
Mapguide Studio and then displayed it using dwfviewersample.jsp. I am trying
out the examples in jsp. Here are the details of what I wish to do using
mapguide:

Each .dwf file is a floor plan with rooms and layers containing room details
like department, category, contacts, etc. I want to open up a room from the
drawing, change room properties (like category or contacts) and save it to
the database and see the changes immediately in the floor plan. That is why,
I chose Mapguide instead of DWF Viewer (which would need publishing to see
the changes).

Currently, I have the Drawing Identifier field (that links to the object ID
in the .dwf file) along with the other room properties in each row of the
Rooms table. I am not sure what exactly should be in the database for this
to work with mapguide and if I need to generate shape or sdf files.

As I mentioned, I am trying out the samples provided in the documentation.
It would be very helpful if some one can guide me through the steps to
develop this using mapguide at high level so that I can get started.

Thank you,
Rithika