[mapguide-users] external file alias in sie admin is not recognised within Maestro raster setup

Michael Anthony Pond mpond at swgold.com
Tue Feb 10 18:38:29 EST 2009

Hello Fellow users,

My first post / and request for Help! from our group.

I am a fairly novice user of mapguide, but with the help of this forum I
have succesfully setup a server and have a site that is working with shp
source data.

I am now trying to use raster (ECW) images, but I am having trouble
connecting to my ecw files.

As far as I know I have the latest install of mapguide and maestro. I have
done the 'manual upgrade of the FDO providers'. I have also installed the
'extra files' for ECW/MrSID files.
All installs appear to gone to completion and no errors reported.

However, I must be missing somthing on the steps to take to browse or
otherwise point a new dataresource to my ecw files.  Within Mapguide admin I
have setup an alias. But when I try to use it within Maestro I get the
error:
"There are no folders mapped. Please set up folders in the Alias section of
the MapGuide Site Administrator"

Does anyone have any suggestions on this problem and the proper steps to
point to the locations of ECW files.

Thank you for your help.

Michael

Michael Pond, P.Geo.