[mapguide-users] functiolaity difference of MapGuide OS and enterprise?

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Feb 12 02:59:27 EST 2009

MapGuide Enterprise and MapGuide Open Source, has used the same code
base so far.
Autodesk is the primary contributor of code to MapGuide Open Source, so
yes, the developers are the same.

As I understand it, MapGuide Enterprise releases are built from the Open
Source code.
You have to ask Autodesk what modifications, if any, they put into
MapGuide Enterprise.

The Enterprise version has a special Oracle provider that supports the
Oracle format used by
other Autodesk products, but not "raw" spatial data.

MapGuide Enterprise also features a Raster provider that is not open source.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S