[mapguide-users] Regarding Linking of Layers with Map at run time

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sat Feb 14 06:02:42 EST 2009

The MgMap class represents a runtime map, not a MapDefinition.
There is no such class a a MgMapDefinition, so you have to read/write
the xml.
If you wish to use the standard viewer, you have to do this.
I was very annoyed by this, so I created the MaestroAPI that has classes
for all the Xml documents,
including the MapDefinition:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI

If you start the viewer with an empty map, you can access the MgMap object,
and add layers as runtime layers, using the MgMap.Layers.Add method.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S