[mapguide-users] Fusion 2.0 domObj

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Thu Feb 19 11:55:36 EST 2009

I have a widget which I'm trying to port to the 2.0 beta and in the past
I used "this.domObj.appendChild()" to add an input box to the widget,
but now that code breaks saying that the domObj is null.  I noticed in
the EditableScale widget that an if (this.domObj) statement is used to
see if the domObj is valid.  My question is:  Do I need to wait for a
certain event to happen before creating this widget?  Right now my code
never adds the input box, but the EditableScale code does.