[mapguide-users] Adding geometry field to a featureclass definition at runtime with FDO

zolinko zolinko at freemail.hu
Wed Feb 25 08:06:37 EST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to extend a featureclass definition, by adding a geometry field to
it.
I have a table with huge amount of data in a mission critical environment,
and I want to add geometry property to it. Therefore I need to update that
at runtime.
(by the way, the data layer is an SQLServer 2008, and I use Mapguide 2009
Enterprise)

I found, that the MgFeatureService class has only method for creating new
classdefinitions (SDF or other) in a schema.

My question is, that how I can alter/modify a classdefinition through FDO at
runtime, not touching the data content of the table in the background.

Any idea is welcomed,
TIA

zolinko