[mapguide-users] Initial cursor with Fusion and MGOS 2.1

GreenMapSanMiguel webmaster at SMAmap.com
Thu Jul 9 20:30:09 EDT 2009

I am converting my maps to Fusion and would like them to open in 'select'
mode and use 'select' until the user chooses a different mode.  I've
succeeded in changing the initial cursor, but am still having some problems
with it.

Here's my code to activate the select cursor on initialization:

var fusionInitialized = function() {
    $('AppContainer').resize({forceResize: true});

    var mapWidget = Fusion.getMapById('Map'); // the id of the div
containing the map
    var selectWidget=Fusion.getWidgetsByType('Select')[0]; // select the
first widget of type Select
    selectWidget.activate(mapWidget);
}

Here are the problems:

1.  Although the select cursor appears and it functions in select mode, the
'pan' cursor remains highlighted on the toolbar

2.  After zooming in, the select cursor still appears but it functions in
pan mode (and the pan cursor is still highlighted on the toolbar.)

There must be something else I need to do to completely switch from 'pan' to
'select' mode.  Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks very much!