[mapguide-users] Zoom to selected feature with Fusion MGOS 2.1 Beta

SMAmap Webmaster webmaster at SMAmap.com
Fri Jul 10 16:27:22 EDT 2009

Thanks Mike, this is exactly what I wanted to do.  Many of my users are on
relatively slow connections so I want to do as little re-drawing as
possible.

Andy Baltimore
http://greenmapsanmiguel.org/
http://SMAmap.org/
my Fusion sandbox:
http://smamap.com/mapguide/GreenMap/SanMiguelDeAllende/index.php

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Mike Adair
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 2:20 PM
To: MapGuide Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] Zoom to selected feature with Fusion MGOS 2.1
Beta

That's what I was gong to suggest, but you can also set your initial map
extents in the ApplicationDefinition file like so:

    <MapGroup id="gmapLL" xsi:type="MapType">
      <Map xsi:type="MapLayerType">
        <Type>MapServer</Type>
        <SingleTile>true</SingleTile>
        <Extension>
          <MapFile>/ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/gmapLonLat.map</MapFile>
          <LayerMetadata>wms_metadataurl_href</LayerMetadata>
        </Extension>
      </Map>
      <InitialView>
        <MinX>-71.8</MinX>